Sponsor 84: Onion Guides
With this project, we want to make it easier for our partners to correctly and safely set up their own onion service for their existing website by writing Onion Guides. To create these Onion Guides, we will collect, review, edit, and streamline existing disparate information about the benefits of onion services and how to set them up for your website, localize the copy into Spanish, share these resources with our partner community, and publish digital and printable versions on our Community portal.
ONION GUIDES: Our goal is to create three Onion Guides covering different onion service topics for people with different levels of knowledge about the Tor network and how onion services can help them.
What are onion services? This Onion Guide is intended to help curious website administrators understand the benefits of onion services and why they may want to protect their site and their users by adopting the technology. It will cover topics like the additional protections provided by onion services as compared to HTTPS.
Setting up an onion service. This Onion Guide is intended to help website administrators successfully set up an onion service version of their site for the first time. It will cover topics like using OnionShare, using your own hosted service, and advertising your .onion using the Onion Location feature.
Advanced onion service usage. This Onion Guide is intended to help website administrators who have adopted onion services and want to explore different tools they can use to manage, protect, and improve them. It will cover topics like etting up DDoS protections.
- community · [Onion Services] Add new ways to deploy your onion site
- community · Onion-Location html meta tag instructions should include url (or say that it doesn't)
- community · [Onion services] Add Systemli ansible onion
- community · [Onion Services] How to use eotk
- community · [Onion Services] How to launch a site w/ onionshare
- community · [Onion Services] How to use DoS protections
- community · [Onion service] Instructions on how to install webserver + Tor
- community · [Onion Service] Howto install little-t-tor
- community · Create outline for Onion Guides
- community · Update Onion Routing and Onion Services graphs in multiple portals
- community · Create onion services talking points for advocates