Tor tabs are saved and restored on crash in FF3.5 despite settings
I have just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.5 and have noticed a strange behviour that causes Tor tabs to be opened in non-Tor mode after a browser crash.
Torbutton Startup settings:
- On normal startup, set Tor state to "Non-Tor"
- On session restored startup, set Tor state to "Non-Tor"
- Have the session store save and restore these tabs: "Tabs loaded in Non-Tor" ("Tabs loaded in Tor" is NOT checked)
- Open some tabs in non-Tor mode
- Switch to Tor-mode
- Open some more tabs
- Kill Firefox process
- Re-open Firefox and restore sessions if prompted
Expected result: Just open non-Tor tabs
Actual result: Opens all previous tabs (from Tor and non-Tor mode) in non-Tor mode(!)
This did not used to happen previously (using Firefox 3.x) - I could kill Firefox using 'xkill' and it would re-open with only my Non-Tor tabs restored.
Unless I'm missing something, this is a very insecure behaviour? As my Tor tabs have just been loaded in Non-Tor mode, thus violating the privacy settings?
I am using Torbutton 1.2.2 on Firefox 3.5.5, Ubuntu 9.10
[Automatically added by flyspray2trac: Operating System: All]