Determine needed specifications for hardware, test some real world selections
Determine which cpu, memory, and flash disk we want to have in a router. Order some samples and test the specs with whatever image comes from #2270 (closed).
We seem to be leaning towards the model here: Buffalo WZR-HP-G300H
Questions to consider include:
- how much bandwidth can we realistically push with this device? 1mbps? 2mbps? 10mbps?
- how much cpu is needed for the openssl crypto?
- what happens if the device is run at 100% cpu due to crypto for hours?
- how much cpu does a tor bridge consume at 1mbps? 5 mbps? 10 mbps?
- how much ram does a tor bridge consume at 1mbps? 5 mbps? 10 mbps?
- if we have a management gui, how much ram does it take?
- do we allow remote Vidalia to connect to the tor process to get circuits and the rest of the vidalia features as a client for the transparent tor proxy?