Create a consistent set of icons for relay flags
Relay Search currently uses a set of icons for relay flags that exist as 16x16 PNGs. Over time we have added new icons but we've never considered consistency across projects or reusability of these icons.
Ideally, we could have icons for the following flags that are reusable across projects (meanings are in dir-spec):
Atlas also synthesises additional flags, as does consensus-health:
- Not Recommended - This relay is running a Tor version that is not recommended by the directory authorities and may contain known issues.
- Unmeasured - This relay has not been measured by at least 3 bandwidth authorities and so its consensus weight is currently capped.
- FallbackDir - This relay is hardcoded into the tor source code as a fallback directory.
- IPv6 ORPort - This relay listens for OR connections using IPv6.
- Unreachable IPv6 ORPort - This relay listens for OR connections using IPv6 but the directory authorities failed to confirm it was reachable.
- ReachableIPv6 - This relay has at least one reachable OR port using IPv6. (in votes)
- UnreachableIPv6 - This relay has at least one unreachable OR port using IPv6. (in votes)
- IPv6 Exit - This relay allows exit connections using IPv6.
- Unreachable ORPort - This relay has an unreachable OR address according to at least one directory authority.
- T-Shirt - This relay has met the t-shirt team criteria for a t-shirt (in theory).
- Hibernating - This relay is not currently running, and indicated that it was hibernating in its last known server descriptor.
Ideally these icons would be available for use in projects in the following formats:
- Web Icon Font
- 16x16, 32x32 and 64x64 PNGs
If we could also throw in an onion, and relay and bridge icons, a fingerprint icon, AS icon, country icon (maybe a globe), this could be a really useful tool for user facing projects that has consistent UX across those projects.