Use same traffic path if destination is the same but the protocol is different.
Many people use Tor to proxify their non-Tor software such as Bitcoin, BitMessage. And some of them are using SOCKS4.
torrc: DNSPort X SocksPort Y
- User's software query DNS via DNSPort: www.example.com
- Tor will create a path to www.example.com:0 to resolve its IP
- Tor return www.example.com is 184.108.40.206
- User's software connect to www.example.com via SocksPort, using Socks4.
- DNS request from (step2's exit ip)
- WWW request from (step4's exit ip)