Privcount: plan the modules and components
Replying to [26953#comment:3 chelseakomlo]:
Is the idea that this project will remain external to core tor, or will this one day be merged into the core codebase? Definitely having CI in the short term seems wise either way.
That's a good question, nickm and I haven't discussed it yet. And I think we'd benefit from your advice.
For PrivCount in Tor, we need to produce the following components:
- a Rust "Data Collector" module in Tor that does blinding, encryption, and noise, based on a config
- a separate "Tally Reporter" binary that does unblinding, decryption, aggregation, and reporting, based on a config
- some tools for creating and validating configurations
One possible design is:
- Rust modules for blinding/encryption, noise, aggregation, reporting, and config
- Glue code and module imports for the Tor Data Collector
- Application code and module imports for the Tally Reporter
- Application code and module imports for the tools