"New Identity" does not properly clear state of the find bar
I noticed an issue with Tor Browser on macOS which likely affects Tor Browser on other platforms. The issue being that pressing "New Identity" does not properly clear state of the find bar.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Tor Browser
- Press control-f ("command-f" on macOS) to bring up the find bar
- Type something into the find bar.
- Press new identity
- Press control-f ("command-f" on macOS) again to bring up the find bar. See that the previously searched text remains in the box.
Tor Browser Alpha: Per arma's suggestion on IRC I tested this in Tor Browser Alpha (This build: https://people.torproject.org/~gk/builds/8.0-build5/tor-browser-linux64-8.0_en-US.tar.xz) on Linux. The bug is partially fixed. However if you click "highlight all" after entering text in the search box and then press new identity, press control-f again, the text is cleared, but the "highlight all" state remains.
It is worth investigating for other components which are not properly reset after clicking "New Identity".
- Bug on Tor Browser Stable macOS https://image.ibb.co/bVOLkK/Screen_Shot_2018_09_04_at_8_23_20_PM.png
- Bug on Tor Browser Alpha Linux https://image.ibb.co/fiVSXz/Problem.png