Place complete obfs4 bridge line in accessible location
Currently operators wanting to distribute or use personal obfs4 bridges must follow 5 steps:
- Determine their bridge's IP address
- Check logs for their bridge's fingerprint
- Check logs for which port obfs4 is running on
- Retrieve their obfs4 cert from /var/lib/tor/pt_state/obfs4_bridgeline.txt
- String the above together in the following format:
Bridge obfs4 <IP ADDRESS>:<PORT> <FINGERPRINT> cert=$FROMSTEP4 iat-mode=0
This can be a confusing process, and is only fully explained upon opening
/var/lib/tor/pt_state/obfs4_bridgeline.txt; however it leaves filling in the fields (with the exception of the cert) to the user.
Having the complete bridge line placed somewhere accessible would make this process much less painful for operators.