sbws does not scale consensus bandwidths to bytes before using them
In this line, desc_bw is in bytes, but consensus_bandwidth is in kilobytes:
min_bandwidth = min(desc_bw, l.consensus_bandwidth)
Here's how we could avoid bugs like this in future:
- We should add some unit tests that only work when this bug is fixed
- We should work out how to check that our test bandwidth scanners are producing numbers that are the right size
Here are some things we might want to do. But they might not be worth the time:
- all the variables should be labelled with units?
- all the bandwidths in this file should be in the same units?
- sbws should work in bytes, until it formats the file?