After upgrading Tor Browser 8.5.1 -> 9.0, history contains place:sort=8&maxResults=10
Configuration: Xubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS 32-bit
I noticed this issue when upgrading Tor Browser 8.5.1 to 9.0. I do not know if the issue also occurs when using a newly extracted copy of Tor Browser 9.0.
- Extract Tor Browser 8.5.1 (32-bit) from the file
- Open the
tor-browser_en-USdirectory and launch Tor Browser Setup.
- Click Connect in the dialog box that talks about adjusting network settings for certain situations.
- Once the Tor Browser window (with the address bar) opens, choose "Check for Tor Browser Update..." from the onion menu.
- Tor Browser will download an update. Once the window indicates that the update will be installed when Tor Browser is restarted, click Restart Later and then close the Tor Browser window.
- In the
tor-browser_en-USdirectory, launch Tor Browser.
- Once the Tor Browser window opens, click in the address bar.
- Type "s" (without quotes.)
- The history will contain the entry
The information about Places query URIs from Mozilla may be relevant.