tor project website lacks functional menus
The tor project website uses jquery for the donation widget on the download and donation pages. After some analysis, using jquery for enhanced menus may help people find information on your website. currently, even google, bing, and others have difficulty crawling your website, this makes finding information impossible.
option two is to break up the website into the following sub-sites:
- docs.torproject.org for all documentation,
- research.torproject.org for all research related materials,
- coder.torproject.org for all coding related materials,
- advocacy.torproject.org for all advocacy related materials,
- download.torproject.org for all downloads in a larger, simplified grid (see #3590 (moved)),
- media.torproject.org already exists but appears to be unused. all images, videos, and css should be served from this site to speed up the website. modern browsers use parallel connections to multiple domains. by hosting everything on www.torproject.org, you are forcing the browser to serialize everything and therefore slow down the site from the user perspective.
I have spoken to "andrew" at the official phone number for your org, as listed in "contact us". As a professional communications manager and optimization expert, these are my comments. "andrew" asked me to open a ticket and summarize our conversation.
I estimate 90% of the world sees your website and thinks you are incompetent. Tor is such great software with such great user stories. Please improve the website to reflect your true organization.