Design a new website and binary package mirroring system
It's clear that as torproject.org is blocked, spoofed, or otherwise unavailable, we need a better way to get our software to those who desire Tor for whatever reason. Here are some functions I'd like a new mirror system to have:
- rsync, https, and bittorrent distribution of the site and packages.
- automatic push to mirrors of only the out-of-date files (html, packages, css, etc). perhaps start with notification or automatic pull from the mirrors.
- ability to confirm the mirrored files are 100% the same as those on torproject.org (hashing, pgp signatures, etc)
- ability to automatically remove mirrors that are not serving the exact same files after some time period (hours preferably).
- ability to automatically re-instate mirrors that were not 100% mirrors of torproject.org once they have been verified to be back in sync (and serving valid copies).
- supports IPv4 and IPv6 addressing.