Different websites for different user communities
Tor's current website tries to serve many different user communities at once. Break out the website into micro-sites for different target audiences. Suggested micro-sites are:
- novice users new to online privacy, anonymity and tor. (make this the default)
- technical users who understand advanced configuration and want to understand Tor's software and if they can help.
- researchers who want to see designs, specifications, current research areas, how tor fits into the anonymous communications research field, open research questions and projects (great for masters or PhD thesis)
- law enforcement people who need to know what tor provides, what tor doesn't provide, and what information is available to them for their investigations
- developers who are interested in hacking on tor software and projects which match their design/coding/language choice skillsets