List Of Tor Implementations
Useful for interop testing against the specification, diversity of the network, studying new approaches and code, running on particular platforms, etc.
Experimental, use at your own risk. Some features may be missing.
Due to ongoing change in Tor specification, and experimental nature of new code bases, implementations are marked Active / Inactive at one year from last commit / release, or upon formal closing. We also try to keep the list sorted by activity, but language groupings are more important.
- Tor - The original reference implementation. Active.
- Stem - Active.
- Torpy - Active.
- TinyTor - Inactive since April 2019.
- Endosome - Inactive since 2017.
- toytor - Inactive since 2016.
- oppy - Inactive since 2015.
- pycepa - Inactive since 2015.
- TorPylle - Inactive since 2013.
- node-Tor - Active.
mini-tor - Inactive since February 2019.
- Windows only, uses the Microsoft CryptoAPI/CNG.
- pearl - Active.
GoTor - Inactive since 2015.
- relaying only
- rudimentary client support in https://github.com/joelanders/gotor/
- purpleonion - Inactive since 2009.
- haskell-tor - Inactive since 2016.