- make sure to use bullets for your ideas, and include a facilitator if you have one
- Frontdesk team should meet and discuss the Frontdesk@ queue and next steps. Facilitator: Colin
- Mental Health session. Facilitator: Colin + 1
- Speak of onion services: Report/discuss standardizing how we talk of onion services vs the less-secure web for consistency, truthfulness, clarity, not feeding trolls. Facilitator: Paul [scheduled]
- Self-authenticating subdomains: Report on/plan/coordinate putting onion addresses/protections into domain names and browser implications. Facilitator: Paul [scheduled]
- Building communities to measure & respond to global censorship events (discussion of challenges & brainstorming on strategies). Facilitator: Maria Xynou [scheduled]
- Mapping needs for Global South community members [scheduled]
- Finish the Statement of Values so that we can begin the SoV/Code of Conduct vote when the Rome meeting ends. [scheduled]
- Let's talk about the Fusion project [scheduled]
- Insights on user issues: discussing important themes. (Power user needs vs. regular user needs): Pari [scheduled]
- Bandwidth authority sessions
- Bandwidth Authorities: What features must they have? (Minimal viable product spec) Facilitator: teor [scheduled]
You can join any session. But we split them up to help people find sessions they are interested in.
Network / Core Tor
We crossed out some low-priority sessions. Let us know if you still want them!
- Scaling Tor network (in the technical sense)
- Tor denial-of-service attacks and defenses
- Vanguards and Tor path selection
- Core Tor: complicated tickets session:
- Bandwidth Authority Implementation: Next Steps
IPv6 in Tor intro
- Subsystems Maintainers Updates
- CI + Gitlab / GitHub code review (catalyst)
- Talk to downstreams about Rust
- Traffic analysis
- Tor unit test hackfest (teor)
- Tips on unit testing integer and string values
- Look at low-coverage modules
- Write unit tests and submit branches
Network / Metrics
- Network and Metrics team should sit down together and figure out which statistics collected by "tor" are needed, useful, debatable, removable or burnable with fire.
- For statistics we want to keep, we should work out which ones really need the secure aggregation provided by PrivCount in Tor, and do them first
- Secure and private measurements in Tor [scheduled on team day?]
- Consensus Health: prioritise hard features
- Network Team: once-off relay stats collection [scheduled]
- Writing reliable floating-point code, and testing it
- A quick intro to floating point (teor) [scheduled]
- On significance of the least significant bits for differential privacy, paper review (teor, Ian Goldberg) [scheduled]
- Mobile meeting: Everyone who are into mobile projects with Tor should sit down and discuss the progress that have been made since Montreal and what the next challenges are.
- Pluggable Transports on Mobile: getting the pluggable transport libs building and nicely bundled for use on Android, etc.
- Making progress on Tor running in-process on iOS (#23684 (moved))
- Reproducible builds for Android apps
- Format Transforming Encryption in Pluggable Transports (Marionette)
- What do we do about blocking in China?
- How do we make Tor Browser faster?
- Should Tor Browser include an ad blocker?
- Plans for creating more Tor Browser locales
- Browser fingerprinting resistance
- Browser hardening
- Come up with a plan for a trial process for [ticket:24148 24148 (Start a program where developers can call out volunteers for swag and glory)]. This should include Jon and Kat, as well as reps from various teams.
- User acquisition/retention
- run a relay campaign for Latin America
- Global South update and roadmap
- Doing outreach to other groups/people who aren't well represented in Tor
- Strategies for teaching Tor
- Library Freedom Project/Library Freedom Institute update
- Tor funding: how do we move beyond the scarcity model?/Funding update in general
- Fundraising from users
- Research direction session
- Tor researchers meetup
- Website presentation!!!!!!!!!! [scheduled]
- Infra/services best practices sharing session with other organizations and groups.
- Setting priorities as an org
- OnionMX: delivering mail over tor, current status, challenges
- Should we kill or actually moderate filtered posts on tor-onions, the list for onion service operators?