This document will contain Sikuli scripts to produce Tor Browser videos, issues we ran into and ideas we would like to implement.
Known issues on OS X (Sikuli 1.1.0 nightly):
- Sikuli's stable release does not run on OS X 10.10.x. (Sikuli 1.1.0 is scheduled to be stable by the end of May.)
- App.open("Safari") doesn't open the application unless Safari is already on. https://bugs.launchpad.net/sikuli/+bug/1445667 (FIXED in the latest nightly.)
- Quicktime player's screen recording feature does not capture the mouse if it was automated. ( Asked the community: https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/267224).
Known issues on Windows (Sikuli 1.0.1 stable):
Known issues on Linux(Sikuli 1.0.1 stable):
- Write a python VM preparation script. The script will be responsible for installing the prerequisites like Java, Sikuli stable and python on each OS and make sure they are functional. (No progress.)
- Write a Sikuli script for each OS to automate Tor Browser's videos (Download, Verify + install, bypassing firewalls and finally best practices). The script should also incorporate a function that will switch the OS' language and re-records the video again using the corresponding language. (Being held back by bugs.)
- Write a python cleanup script. (No progress.)
Ideas to implement:
- Fake file downloads (local webserver or MitM torproject.org) (Asked Mark smith and he confirmed that this will be a problem. However, Kathy might find a solution.)