This page lists what should be done with protover versions or consensus parameters at each release or end of life of a series.
(This follows proposal 303 for the protocol version changes.)
At a Release
At each release, here what needs to be changed:
0.4.1 stable (shipped in Tor Browser)
sendme_emit_min_version=1should be set (#32774 (moved))
At End Of Life
For each EOL version, here what needs to be changed:
Recurring End of Life
- Remove release from git scripts (example: #32772 (moved))
- Remove release from Jenkins builders (example: #32776 (moved))
- Remove release from chutney and sbws CI (example: #32775 (moved))
Recurring LTS End of Life
- Remove consensus methods (example: #32695 (moved))
- Update recommended and required protocols (examples: #32696 (moved), #32697 (moved), #32698 (moved))
Expected: Feb 1st, 2022
FlowCtrl=1should be recommended on March 1st, 2022
FlowCtrl=1should be required on Feb 1st, 2023
sendme_accept_min_version=1should be set on July 1st, 2023.
Expected: Jan 1st, 2020
Recurring tasks only.