Blocking of public relays in Belarus, 2016-12-01
Direct users decreased from 5,500 to 3,000 over a few days starting on November 30 or December 1. Bridge users simultaneously increased, from 250 to 2,000.
OONI blog post: urandom.pcap: Belarus (finally) bans Tor:
- Tor directory authorities are not blocked
- Public onion routers have their ORPort blocked by TCP RST injection
- The onion routers’ DirPort is not blocked
- Plain-old non-obfuscated Tor Bridges from BridgeDB circumvent the interference
- Beltelecom (or its upstream) has strange configuration of the networking gear injecting reset packets