Automatic check of ListOfServicesBlockingTor
There is a page in Wiki for ListOfServicesBlockingTor. It is to be reported by isers about Tor blocks. It has drawbacks
- It can contain obsolete information.
- It has a lot of websites actually blocking Tor missing.
We need a better approach. We need an automated service, doing the following:
- It has a DB
- It has a table of services (domain/ip and port) blocking Tor
- It recrawls this services and checks if Tor is still blocked every day/hour/minute/second. When it crawls it connects either using TLS or using netcat, and checks the downloaded text for signs of blocking and similarity to the text of the previous crawl.
- It has a table of services not blocking Tor and new services to be checked.
- It has a web spider discovering new services (the services not present in either table) and adding them to the table to be checked.
- It has a form to add a service manually with free-form description in markdown.
- It generates the daily report and posts it into the Wiki.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information