TBA - Provide bridges with a magic link
The current user flow for adding bridges in TBA could be better.
Some improvements happened around this flow, as the simple QR scanning in Onion Browser. It has some problems for TBA users. First of all, TBA doesn't have camera permissions. Also, users need to have two devices at the same time. On the other hand, is very common that users who need a bridge are experiencing torproject.org censorship. So, accessing to bridges.tpo.org is another pain point in this flow.
I have been thinking in a flow where we can supply a user with a magic link, and the browser connects. sysrqb pointed me to legacy/trac#15035, which makes it really doable.
The user flow could be:
- The user tries to connect to Tor but bootstrapping fail
- The user gets prompted to share an email in order to get a bridge magic link
- The user receives an email
- The user opens a mail app and clicks to the magic link
- TBA opens and gets connected