Think about using DNS over HTTPS for Tor Browser
Right now we have DNS over HTTPS (DoH) not enabled in Tor Browser but we should think about whether we should do that. https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/05/a-cartoon-intro-to-dns-over-https/ has some good illustration about this feature
- it cuts out some potential for messing with DNS queries
- it should help mitigating the DNS proxy leak threat inherent to using a SOCKS proxy
- it might help with the attacks mentioned in "The Effect of DNS on Tor's Anonymity" (https://nymity.ch/tor-dns/tor-dns.pdf) ...
- it adds a central party seeing all Tor Browser users's DNS requests (even though a lot of DNS queries (about 40%) go to Google already according to the above mentioned paper that's not 100%)
- it might add latency
- First Party Isolation of the requests and the cache might need to get added ...