Go through issues raised by translators in Transifex
I started going through the issues translators raise in transifex, it takes some time, so I decided to open this ticket to account for the work.
- tpo:/about/history: "The network needed to be operated by entities with diverse interests and trust assumptions, and the software needed to be free and open to maximize transparency and separation." - Separation? of what, concerns maybe? is not clear what does it mean regarding free and open software. Also, maybe is 'open source', not 'open'.
- "In 2007, the organization began developing bridges to the Tor network to address censorship, such as the need to get around government firewalls, in order for its users to access the open web." - needs to be rephrased to be better understood:'... began developing bridges as an addition to the Tor network to provide solutions against censorship, such as government firewalls, to help users to maintain access to the open web.
- Suggest feedback: change 'suggest feedback' on our lektor templates for 'give feedback' or 'leave a suggestion' (see in the bottom at for example: https://support.torproject.org/misc/bug-or-feedback/ )
in https://tb-manual.torproject.org/circumvention/ we say:
Or, if you have Tor Browser running, click on "Preferences" in the hamburger menu and then on "Tor" in the sidebar.But there is no "Tor" sidebar in preferences.
main ticket On the manual, at https://tb-manual.torproject.org/mobile-tor/ , we say: When Tor Browser is running, you would see so in your phone's notification panel along with the button "NEW IDENTITY". But:
- to see the "new identity" button you must expand the notification.
- better: "in your device's notification panel"