Welcome to the Community Team page. The Community Team is for helping people who help Tor, and growing and sustaining the Tor community. We work on things like outreach, advocacy, teaching, support, getting relay operators what they need, and community governance.
Our synchronous medium of communication is IRC #tor-project on IRC/OFTC. If you've never been on IRC before, here are some instructions to get started.
Once you get connected and create a nickname, you can join the channel #tor-project. And here's some info on IRC conventions and etiquette.
Our asynchronous medium of communication is the mailing list. This list is public in the sense that anyone can subscribe, send emails and read archives. Feel free to subscribe and just listen if you want, and feel free to post if you want to say something that you think is on topic.
You're on the community team if you're working on any community team projects!
- empowering community in the global south
- be a source for user feedback that can feed tech development
- help circumvent censorship in the global south
- support young environmental activists in the global south
- support improvements to Tor's network health
- new methodologies to support people/community in high risk situations (online and in-person trainings, accessing TB)
- Sponsor 9: Usability and Community Intervention on Support for Democracy and Human Rights.
- Sponsor 30: Empowering Communities in the Global South to Bypass Censorship
- Community Portal
- Global South Initiative
- User Support
- User Documentation
- Network health + Relay Advocacy
- Tor Training