Integration tests should be run locally before committing code changes
Currently, it is easy to submit a patch for code changes without first running integration tests locally.
Two changes could help with this:
- Adding this information to documentation for contributors
- Adding a make task that runs all necessary tasks before contributing new code, which are:
We should investigate how to handle:
- Someone not having have chutney
- Someone not having the necessary network connection for integration tests to succeed
- If chutney tests fail because of flakiness (race conditions for example) rather than legitimate failures.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information