Specific ExitNode Entry Causing Client To Crash
I have found that when I specify a list of ExitNodes in conjunction with the StrictExitNodes option (in my Torrc configuration), AND my ExitNodes list contains the node named "augrime", that the TOR process will terminate. If true, it is disturbing to think that one particular Exit Node can cause vaporization of the TOR process.
Additional comments: a) I am using TOR 0.1.1.17-RC configured for ClientOnly mode. b) I am using LibEvent 1.1a c) I am using Linux (and have had no problems with TOR to-date) d) I found no similar bugs reported to this one e) I can repeat this crash each and every time I run TOR f) The crash causes the TOR process to not complete in its launching. Thus, the process terminates with a "Segmentation fault", but no details are left behind. I've looked for a "core" file ... none. I've run in non-daemon mode and with debug level logging, yet the log only produces this (and never makes it past listing details about nodes past the "augrime" node:
... Apr 03 16:43:31.084 [notice] We now have enough directory information to build circuits. Apr 03 16:43:31.087 [info] or_state_save(): Saved state to "/root/.tor/state" Apr 03 16:43:31.088 [debug] circuit_remove_handled_ports(): Port 80 is not handled. Apr 03 16:43:31.088 [info] circuit_predict_and_launch_new(): Have 0 clean circs (0 internal), need another exit circ. Apr 03 16:43:31.088 [debug] new_route_len(): Chosen route length 3 (660 routers available). Apr 03 16:43:31.090 [info] choose_good_exit_server_general(): Found 205 servers that might support 0/0 pending connections. + Segmentation fault /usr/local/bin/tor
[Automatically added by flyspray2trac: Operating System: All]