Update remaining specification gaps in circuit-build-timeout spec
I should write these up while they are still somewhat fresh in my mind from my work on circuit timeouts in Arti.
- Only 3-hop circuits are considered for timeout measurements. (#48 (closed))
- Closing "idle" circuits that have never been used based on their "idle timeout".
- Closing circuits that have been dirty for too long.
The bit about clients assuming that they have no network connectivity when they have no incoming cells is not actually done.Already done
Breaking ties when computing most populous histograms for Xm.Already done
Different circuit lengths and purposes get their timeouts modified based on their length -- see circuit_expire_building for the whole pile of detail.
- Should we multiply the "abandon timeout" as well as the base timeout?
- How to reconstruct the success/failure history from the counts in the state file.
- Defaulting to abandon circuits at the default timeout * 1.5.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information