Simplify logging configuration across code bases
We're using different logging configurations in our code bases, some of which are broken and others are more complex than we need them to be. Some examples:
- CollecTor has a shutdown console logger, but it's not being printed to anymore since we refactored package names.
- CollecTor has five separate log files for the modules that existed back when we added those log files, but these are not being written to since we refactored package names. We also added more modules but did not update the logging configuration for them.
- Onionoo and a few others have a separate error log file which logs only ERROR messages, but we're not doing anything with that file.
- Some code bases have a separate statistics log file that we likewise do not pay any attention to.
- All code bases rotate log files whenever they reach a size of 1 MiB, but they do not restrict the number or total size of log files being written. It would be easier to handle 1 file per day even if that grows to 100 MiB or more.
- There could be a more reasonable default for the log directory than
- It would be convenient to be able to configure the log level that doesn't require providing a full logging configuration, like
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information