Apply to Outreachy internships for December 2020 to March 2021
Applications in https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/
- Coordinators Deadline: Sept. 17, 2020. - Submit community (Action: Gaba)
- Mentors Deadline: September 29 (ideally August 31) - Submit projects
- Help Tor users project. (gus mentoring)
- Setup Community Health Metrics (gaba mentoring)
- ~~Exitmap (Roger, Geko) ~~
- Dev Tooling in Tor (ahf)
- Aug. 31, 2020, 4 p.m. UTC - #OutreachyChat on Twitter to promote projects to applicants
- Sept. 17, 2020 - last day for communities to sign up
- Sept. 24, 2020 - last day for mentors to submit projects
- Oct. 1, 2020 - contribution period opens
- Oct. 31, 2020 at 4pm UTC - contribution period closes
- Nov. 23, 2020 - interns announced
- Dec. 1, 2020 to March 2, 2021 - internship
If you're a new Outreachy mentor this round, please read the mentor duty list and mentor FAQ: https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/#mentorhttps://www.outreachy.org/mentor/mentor-faq/
If you're a new Outreachy coordinator, please read the coordinator FAQ: https://www.outreachy.org/mentor/#coordinator
Each community coordinator will need to secure funding for at least one intern ($6,500 USD). Outreachy organizers cannot allow communities to participate unless they have funding.
Once you have a tentative commitment for funding from a sponsor, please sign your community up to participate: https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/
Outreachy provides a general fund for communities to request additional funding. Outreachy reviews the requests from all communities during the intern selection period. We accept the strongest interns, as our funding resources allow. Outreachy typically funds 1-2 interns per community, but not all communities request funding. Outreachy recommends finding more mentors than you have funding.
- Finding funding for at least 1 intern ($6,500)
- Listing your community as participating in the current Outreachy Outreachy internship round (if your community has participated in a past round).
- Ensuring there are community volunteers who can answer Outreachy applicant questions during the six week application period
- Finding at least two mentors who can commit to our mentor requirements
- Approving mentor-submitted projects. Coordinators will receive an email when a mentor submits a new project. They should review the project to see whether it is a good fit for a three-month internship with a newcomer to free and open source software..