Tor Demo Day - May 26th 2021
- We want to spice up our remote working routine and also break the silos between teams.
- Tor Demo Days are a success and we want to share this experience with the broad Tor community!
- We will call for presenters.
- The agenda will be set before the meeting and will be shared with tor-project.
- We want 5 to 8 minutes length presentations. We will handle questions at the end of all presentations.
- Slides are allowed, but not mandatory. You may share your screen or a pre-recorded video if that makes you less anxious.
- We like the adrenaline of the live presentations, but if they wish, presenters can share pre-recorded videos with us. They should be sent a few hours in advance and will be lined up and shared with assistants during the session.
- This is a place where people should feel safe to engage, share their point of view, and participate. Read our Code of Conduct: https://gitweb.torproject.org/community/policies.git/tree/code_of_conduct.txt
- Anyone who wants to share what they have been hacking on. It doesn't need to be a finished feature but a work in progress. It can be small like a Tor Browser feature or something you have been hacking around Tor not officially.
- Presenters have 5 to 8 minutes. People can ask questions via text in the pad for 3 minutes.
- Gaba will moderate at this time. We need volunteers for other DEMO days in 2021.
At our BBB instance in room https://tor.meet.coop/gus-tvm-llm-bem
Wednesday MAY 26th at 1600 UTC
- 5 min for the presentation
- 3 min for questions
Questions will be written in text on the pad in any time during the presentation. Presenters will answer them in audio.
Presentations: ADD HERE THE PROPOSAL YOU HAVE FOR A SHORT PRESENTATION.
Anti-censorship alerts with prometheus (anarcat and cecylia)
During and since the hackweek, we've been expanding our alerting system for anti-censorship infrastructure. This demo will showcase our alert and monitoring setup and the methods we used to set it up.
Book "How the Internet Really Works: An Illustrated Guide to Protocols, Privacy, Censorship, and Governance"
LEAP VPN (meskio)
I will introduce the project behind RiseupVPN and CalyxVPN, and how the platform and client work.