The Tor Project
Welcome to the Tor Project's wiki page. We maintain this Gitlab instance and some of the software behind the Tor network.
This is a list of places where the Tor project is maintaining resources and information about Tor.
- Official Tor Project's website.
- Support Portal
- Comunity Portal
- Tor News: a monthly newsletter with updates and opportunities
- Meetings: Information about Tor dev meetings and hackathons, past and future. <--- it needs to be moved into this wiki -->
- Tor in the Media.
- Official documentation: will move soon to the new developer portal when is ready.
- The Tor Relay Guide: to help run the Tor network.
- Tor Browser User Manual: learning on how to use the Tor Browser.
- Official Tor package archive: contains archived software releases, monthly reports, old metrics, etc.
- Official Tor media archive: contains all images, videos, and misc files.
- Check: is a service to check if you are currently using Tor
- Metrics website: metrics and graphs based on Tor network data.
- Onion addresses: list of onion services run by the Tor Project.
- List of active products we are mantaining. <-- it needs to get updated -->
- List of sponsored projects that we are working on in 2021.
- List of projects already done.
- Internships we are running:
- Anti-censorship team meets every Thursday in irc and is working on this roadmap.
- Applications team (Tor Browser) meets every Monday in irc.oftc.net and is working on this roadmap.
- Communications & Operations team.
- Community team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- Fundraising team meets weekly privately and gives an update once a month in the All Hands meeting.
- Metrics team meets weekly and is working on this roadmap.
- Network team meets weekly and is working on this roadmap.
- Network Health team meets weekly and is working on this roadmap.
- Sysadmin team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- UX team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- Web team
The Community Council is an elected body of Tor Core Contributors who are available to help resolve intra-community disputes.
All Hands Meetings
We run weekly internal meetings with this schedule:
- Every two months we have a financial update.
- Every two months we run a demo day.
- Quarterly we revisit priorities.
- Quarterly we do a retrospective.
We have Tor DEMO days once a month. Here you can read notes on past DEMOs.
Archived the homepage of the wiki page in Trac: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor