Roadmaps at the Tor Project
- sponsor deliverables
- team's priorities
- things we want to do to make Tor better
- other things that will be identified along the process
- be constantly updated with honest status and estimations
This is done in Gitlab, using milestones, labels and boards. Projects documentations and other more in depth stuff will be done via wiki. By organizing this with Trac tickets we will be able to create specific queries to answer specific questions. Example of use case questions:
- What was done on March for a specific sponsor ?
- What work on release x.x.x is related to a sponsor, and who are these sponsor?
- How much work is on person X plate?
- Person X will to take paternity leave and wants to plan for his absence - he wants to share with his team the tasks he needs to hand over while away.
- At a dev meeting a team wants to reaview the past ideas to plan what to do next about a project.
There is a template for pad we use to take notes in.
- Go over the priorities for the team. Do people need to add or change any of those priorities?
- Go over the projects that the team is working on.
- Us previous knowledge to move tickets around in the working board and create new tickets when needed.
Kanban board is a project management tool to visually different stages of the work that needs to be done. At Tor we use it as boards in Gitlab projects and groups. It is organized in columns and cards, where each column has its cards sort out by priority.
- Needs Review