title: Hardware requirements
So you want to give us hardware? Great! Here's what we need...
This list is not final, and if you have questions, please contact us.
- Out of band management with dedicated network port, preferably a BMC, or failing that, serial console and networked power bars Rackmount
- No human intervention to power on or reboot
- Warranty or post-warranty hardware support, preferably provided by the sponsor
- Under the 'ownership' of Tor, although long-term loans can also work
Would like to have:
- Production quality rather than pre-production hardware
- Support for multiple drives (so we can do RAID) although this can be waived for disposable servers like build boxes
- Hosting for the machine: we do not run our own datacenters or rack, so it would be preferable if you can also find a hosting location for the machine