Make Tor Circuit more visible
Non-technical users don't understand that Tor works connecting through at least 3 relays.
Why is it important:
From this lack of understanding of how the browser actually works, there are many problems that could be resolved. For example:
- some users don't understand the configuration screen
- others encounter different kinds of problems during their use of the browser, such as:
- slow loading times
- pages in different languages as they would normally encounter
- websites that don't work in Tor Browser
Solving this issue could take many different directions. But we must somehow explain to them how they will be accessing the internet in a completely different way. We could:
- Show them how they are connecting to the Tor Circuit (in the connection screen)
- Show them the Tor Circuit in the "about" page once they have successfully connected.
- Explain how Tor Browser would make their browsing private in the Download Page.