We need a new blogging system
The current blogging system is based on Drupal 5 and heavily hacked up to remove lots of surface area for classes of attacks. However, it doesn't work so much years later. The search functionality is broken. Lots of the admin functionality is broken as well. I've resorted to using raw SQL queries to manage the system. This is less than optimal.
Options I see are:
- Do nothing and let the blog further degrade.
- Migrate to a static blog generator like jekyll.
- Migrate to modern drupal in the debian repos.
- Use RedTeam's WordPress system for a more secure wordpress installation.
- Host it somewhere else and let them worry about it, so long as we can get our data out daily.