[S58] O2.4: Migrate Tor Browser for Android from ESR68 to Fenix.
- Audit Fenix code for tracking, fingerprintability, and Tor safety features in relation to various known attacks.
- Audit code changes since last audit for proxy bypass bugs, following our audit procedure.
- Review all Mozilla developer documentation since the last audit for major changes that could impact our tracking and fingerprinting defenses.
- Review all closed bugs in Mozilla's bug tracker to find changes not mentioned in the developer documentation that still affect our users and their threat model.
- Update the Tor Browser for Android codebase to use Fenix instead of Fennec.
- Implement new UI changes as determined in O2.2.
- Integrate tor into Fenix.
- Integrate necessary webextensions into Fenix.
- Rewrite patches from Fennec into Fenix.
- Implement and test migration logic to allow users to seamlessly upgrade from Tor Browser for Android based on Gecko to Tor Browser for Android based on Fenix.
- Release a new version of Tor Browser for Android based on Fenix.
- Document and report in a retrospective on the success of our migration process from Fennec to Fenix
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information