Investigate tradeoffs with having Stegotorus server as an apache module
If we implement Stegotorus server as an Apache module, then:
- the networking part of the program will become simpler.
- Apache would deal with errors and header parsing etc.
- Less effort is needed to make Stegotorus looks like Apache.
On the other hand in stand alone model:
- You are not depending on Apache and you can use any other type of http server or anything else like payloads saved in a file (trace file).
- You can use an http server that is not installed locally. You can even use a random server on Internet, you only need to have http access.
- We have more flexibility in what we get as request and what we serve as a reply.
I have attached the conversation I had with arma on this matter.