Move stem site to torproject.org
Stem's present homepage is on readthedocs...
... and, while it's a fantastic service, in the long run it would be nice for us to be on the torproject domain. This is for a couple reasons...
- Shorter, more memorable url that's clearly related to tor.
- Control over the user request logging (or lack thereof).
Moving over shouldn't be conceptually difficult, but will take a little work...
We need to register 'stem.torproject.org' (Andrew would know how).
Make a build script that can publish new content. If you had the following environment variables then it might be something like...
- $STEM_PATH is the location of a copy of stem
- $BUILD_ROOT is where we place stem's website builds
- $WEB_ROOT is apache's root for our site
- $BUILD_TIME unix timestamp of the latest build
cd $STEM_PATH/docs git fetch export OLD_BUILD_TIME=$BUILD_TIME export BUILD_TIME=`date +%s` make html mv _build/html $BUILD_ROOT/build_$BUILD_TIME ln -s $BUILD_ROOT/build_$BUILD_TIME $WEB_ROOT rm -rf $BUILD_ROOT/build_$OLD_BUILD_TIME
- Run this build script as a daily cron and provide some method to be manually ran (maybe by curling a url).