Implement conjure as a pluggable transport
Get the refraction networking client's code into a pluggable transport for Tor.
- get familiar with the Go code https://github.com/refraction-networking/gotapdance
- create conjure repo in https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports for this new PT - https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/conjure
Any new issue to convert it into a PT will live in the new repository:
- Decide how we're going to do signaling -- maybe by reusing our Fastly domain fronting thing, if we don't like the signaling component Conjure uses now.
- Integrate into Tor Browser (including reproducible build)
- Verify that obfs4+conjure actually works
- Deploy bridge somewhere to receive traffic from already setup infrastructure
- Make sure we can still get our extorport-style metrics: if the conjure infra de-obfs4's the traffic, do we lose the features of the extorport, like passing along the country of the original user? If yes fix it somehow.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information