Review default search engine options
Mullvad Browser took a start-from-scratch approach and removed all default search options besides DuckDuckGo. While we probably don't want to do the same, I think Tor Browser's search options could still use some housekeeping – e.g.
- Some of the favicons are out of date, inconsistent (e.g. in the case of DuckDuckGo and its corresponding onion site) and pretty crunchy.
- I'm not sure whether "DuckDuckGoOnion" and "BlockchairOnion" are consistent with our naming conventions.
- In some ways, "default" feels like a recommendation. Do we really want to recommend Google, Youtube and Yahoo?
- Does StartPage receive enough usage to warrant being included as a default option?
- The menu could be combined with the onionize switch proposed for about:tor in #41333 (closed)
Were we to remove a few options we could come up with a user migration plan that adds the currently selected search provider as a custom option.