cdr.link testing - User support channel on messaging apps (Telegram, WhatsApp, Signal)
As part of responding to Tor censorship in Russia and following our team objective to help Tor users living in censored regions, we're testing cdr.link messaging apps support.
Since this is an experiment, we will:
- Host a cdr.link testing instance, so we can create and edit templates. For the deployment and hosting discussion, see: tpo/tpa/team#40578 (closed)
- Start with Telegram support channel and further evaluate other messaging support (WhatsApp and Signal)
- Focus on helping Russian speakers
- Evaluate the usage till the end of the Rapid Response Fund (Sponsor 125 - April 2022).
Onboard support team on cdr.link testing instance
Add support templates in Russian
Official launch: announce the new support channel to community partners in the region
- Track cdr.link issues and the support team experience with this tool
- Test the messaging support on WhatsApp and Signal
- Wrapping up: evaluate the usage and compare it with other Tor support channels: RT, IRC, and Forum.