Implement proposal 315: "Updating the list of fields required in directory documents"
Proposal 315 describes a general policy for making once-optional fields in directory documents mandatory.
Here are the steps I mean to take to implement it:
- Review all the fields in dir-spec.txt to see whether the list of fields to be made required in prop315 is in fact accurate
- Review to see whether the list of fields is complete.
- Verify that all (or nearly all) of the descriptors in today's network have all the required fields.
Mark each of the fields as required in
src/features/dirparse. (Since there are no onion-service fields on the list, this can be done in one step.)
Simplify code in
src/features/dirparsethat treated these fields as optional.
- Update unit tests to pass when these fields are required.
- Update dir-spec.txt to mark the fields as required as of the version that first required them.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information