Implement proposal 315: "Updating the list of fields required in directory documents"
Proposal 315 describes a general policy for making once-optional fields in directory documents mandatory.
Here are the steps I mean to take to implement it:
- Review all the fields in dir-spec.txt to see whether the list of fields to be made required in prop315 is in fact accurate
- Review to see whether the list of fields is complete.
- Verify that all (or nearly all) of the descriptors in today's network have all the required fields.
Mark each of the fields as required in
src/features/dirparse. (Since there are no onion-service fields on the list, this can be done in one step.)
Simplify code in
src/features/dirparsethat treated these fields as optional.
- Update unit tests to pass when these fields are required.
- Update dir-spec.txt to mark the fields as required as of the version that first required them.