Promote "overload-general" from extra-info to server descriptor
In the past month or so, we have been discussing with the network health and sbws team on different problems with "overload-general" being in extra-info instead of directly in the server descriptor.
Some of the arguments have included:
- Poor tooling for getting extra-info.
- Extra info is not cached in many places.
- Having to fetch multiple files.
- Probably more. Some benchmark scripts can be found here: tpo/network-health/helper-scripts!4 (closed)
This have taken out a lot of development/engineering time just to run this discussion. Today at the s61 meeting, we decided to:
- Move "overload-general" from extra-info to the server descriptor.
- The network team work on whether we should ditch extra-info in general (or maybe keep it for non-metrics data).
I've set this to milestone = Tor 0.4.6.x-stable. I don't know if we want to backport this to 0.4.5.