Compare sbws and Torflow
gk and i were talking about what to review in legacy/trac#30375 (moved) and we thought it'd be useful to create a ticket to check whether the bugfixes we have been working on (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~sbws-roadmap&status=closed) to deploy sbws in all bwauths are working, ie. making sbws to behave very close to Torflow.
I think we should document what to check, where/how to check it and which ticket(s) intended to fix it.
I also think we should add this as documentation in sbws itself because they're important questions that have been blockers to deploy sbws in all bwauths and to avoid regressions in the future.
Some of the main things to check that should be further explained are:
- whether sbws "failures" "low" (legacy/trac#30719 (moved))
- whether the number of relays to vote on reported by sbws "similar" to the number of relays reported by torflow (legacy/trac#30727 (moved), legacy/trac#30735 (moved))
- whether sbws relay descriptors are updated (legacy/trac#30733 (moved))
- whether sbws router statuses (relay info. from consensus) are updated (legacy/trac#30733 (moved))
- whether sbws consensus bandwidth total sum is similar to torflow (legacy/trac#33871 (moved), legacy/trac#33009 (moved), legacy/trac#33350 (moved))?
- whether changes in a relay consensus bandwidth affect in a similar way as torflow (legacy/trac#33871 (moved))