Objective 2, Activity 3: Notify users if a current website they are visiting on Tor Browser has an onion service version
This is the parent ticket to hold any tickets under this activity, including:
- Investigate the ideal browser user experience for when such a redirection takes place, to minimize user confusion.
- Build the code necessary to optimally support this experience on Tor Browser such as prioritizing .onion addresses when Alt-Svc is used.
- Correctly display the .onion Alt-Svc circuit path on the circuit display.
- Educate the user on how the redirection takes place, so that users get more familiar with the concept of onion services. We will employ appropriate “stop-and-learn” techniques to inform our users of the benefits of onion services and how they should be used.
- Continue work on our Onion-Location proposal which gives the user the option to choose whether or not onion redirect should take place.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information