Objective 2, Activity 3: Notify users if a current website they are visiting on Tor Browser has an onion service version
This is the parent ticket to hold any tickets under this activity, including:
- Investigate the ideal browser user experience for when such a redirection takes place, to minimize user confusion.
- Build the code necessary to optimally support this experience on Tor Browser such as prioritizing .onion addresses when Alt-Svc is used.
- Correctly display the .onion Alt-Svc circuit path on the circuit display.
- Educate the user on how the redirection takes place, so that users get more familiar with the concept of onion services. We will employ appropriate “stop-and-learn” techniques to inform our users of the benefits of onion services and how they should be used.
- Continue work on our Onion-Location proposal which gives the user the option to choose whether or not onion redirect should take place.