Create a static HTML page at: status.torproject.org
The idea here is for TPO to have a
status page where we can post status problem we know about so the world can learn if problems are known to the Tor team.
A great example would have been the v3 outtage recently where we could have put out a small FAQ right away (go static HTML!) and then update the world as we figure out the problem but also expected return to normal.
I propose a static website at the moment in order to have this page going very soon and easily editable by many of us namely likely the network health team and we could also have the network team to help out.
We can then over time think of better automated way to get status on that page like automatic reports of sensors/metrics we have and so on. But for the moment, just a DNS + static HTML would be grand.
Update, next steps:
- brainstorm/discuss requirements (see goals)
- prototype cstate (@anarcat, people seem happy with it)
- basic theming (thanks @duncan!)
- rush deployment on static site network (@anarcat)
- basic documentation (see service page)
- grant access to other teams
- setup a mirrored repo in gitolite (allow access to the same members as here!)
- setup CI in Jenkins @hiro
- figure out which categories we want? (update as needed)
- document the new git workflow for updates (@hiro)