Meta for projects management and general information in the wiki.
The Web Team is a group of Tor people who are working on maintaining the different websites for the Tor Project.
|Website||Purpose||GitLab Project||Platform||Docs||Content Editors||Maintainers||Hosting||Onion|
|2019.www.torproject.org||Old Tor Project website archive||N/A||Plain HTML||N/A||Community team||TPA||Tor Project|
|blog.torproject.org||Official blog||tpo/web/blog||Lektor||Communications team||TPA||Tor Project|
|bridges.torproject.org||BridgeDb||tpo/anti-censorship/bridgedb||Lektor||Anti-censorship team||Anti-censorship team and TPA||Tor Project|
|dev.torproject.org||Developper portal (WIP)||tpo/web/dev||Lektor||Community team||TPA||N/A||N/A|
|check.torproject.org||Tor connection verification||tpo/network-health/team||N/A||Metrics team||Metricsteam||Tor Project||N/A|
|community.torproject.org||Community portal||tpo/web/community||Lektor||Community team||TPA||Tor Project|
|donate.torproject.org||Donation page||tpo/web/donate-static||Lektor||Fundraising team||TPA||Tor Project|
|forum.torproject.net||Community forum||N/A||Discourse||Community team||TPA||discourse.org|
|gettor.torproject.org||Alternative Tor Browser downloads||tpo/web/gettor-web||Lektor||Anti-censorship team||TPA||Tor Project|
|metrics.torproject.org||Visualize metrics collected||tpo/network-health/metrics/website||Network Health Team||Network Health team||Tor Project|
|newsletter.torproject.org||Newsletter landing page||tpo/web/newsletter||Lektor||Communications team||TPA||Tor Project|
|onion.torproject.org||Tor Project Onion URLs||N/A||Plain HTML / Puppet||TPA||TPA||Tor Project|
|snowflake.torproject.org||Snowflage landing page||tpo/anti-censorship/pluggable-transports/snowflake-webext||Plain HTML||Anti-censorship team||Anti-censorship team||Tor Project|
|research.torproject.org||Resources for researchers||tpo/tpa/research||Hugo||Network Health team||Network Health team||Tor Project|
|status.torproject.org||Status dashboard||tpo/tpa/status-site||Hugo||TPA||TPA||Tor Project|
|styleguide.torproject.org||Style guide||tpo/web/styleguide||Lektor||UX team||TPA||Tor Project|
|support.torproject.org||Support portal||tpo/web/support||Lektor||Community team||TPA||Tor Project|
|survey.torproject.org||User research surveys||N/A||LimeSurvey||Everybody||TPA||Tor Project|
|tb-manual.torproject.org||Tor Browser manual||tpo/web/manual||Lektor||Communtiy team||TPA||Tor Project|
|www.torproject.org||Main website||tpo/web/tpo||Lektor||Community team||TPA||Tor Project|
Get in touch
We are not holding meetings but we use IRC for our day to day communication. Just go to
#tor-www, and somebody from the team might either be around or appear later and get back to you.
Becoming a volunteer
The best way to get involved is to visit IRC (see above). Tell us your background and interests and we will find a project for your to get started.
Priorities for 2023
- Donate page needs urgent fixing!
- Developer portal will be deployed in Q1.
- Improve workflow for content edition for the blog
- Improve websites for mobile.
- Evaluate replacement of lektor and create a clear plan for migration
- Create a plan for migrating the gitlab wikis to something else
Onionlaunchpad (code and content maintained by Community team) - Sponsor 123
This is NOT in the web group but in https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/onion-services/onion-launchpad TPA will need to be available for maintaining the code (community team is doing deployment and content maintainance).
Allocation: Web Developer (TPA) Rhatto (community team) Raya (community team)
Work to be done:
- lego maintainance
- lektor-i18n (we need to take over this plugin to upgrade the python version we use)
SPONSOR 9 (before June 2023)
- Web Developer o Responsible for any necessary updates on our portals: support, community portal and main website, based on user research. Also responsible for maintenance of our webinar infrastructure. o Responsible for migrations to new systems.
- Training page revamp - TPA for code & Community for content
- Redesign download page (with UX team) - TPA
- Reimplement translations preview to work with gitlabCI (previously implemented with Jenkins). (with Community team) - TPA
- Update our localization scripts to work with this instance we already host monthly(with Community team) - TPA
- Finish migration from Transifex to Weblate (with Community team) - TPA & emmapeel
- Self-host the forum (not sure if it is tpa/webteam). - TPA
- Content related:
- Update documentation for the translator community (with Community team)
- Update user support documentation. (with Community team)
- Keep torproject.org webpage up-to-date (with Community team)
Sponsor 96 (ends on July 1st)
- Community team (emmapeel, gus, joydeep)
- O4.1: Localize all UI modified in this project.
- O4.2: Create and publish user documentation.
- Documentation needs to be updated when there are changes in Tor Browser or other apps
- Localization coordinator
- chinese, arabic and swahili translations
- Localization coordinator
- Farsi translations
- Documentation on how to install, modify and use websites from the Tor Project.
- Resources to maintain onion services
- Lektor package
- Lektor's template