This project holds THE wiki for Tor.
The Tor Project
Welcome to the Tor Project's wiki page. We maintain this Gitlab instance and some of the software behind the Tor network.
This is a list of places where the Tor project is maintaining resources and information about Tor.
- Official Tor Project's website.
- Support Portal
- Comunity Portal
- Tor News: a monthly newsletter with updates and opportunities
- Meetings: Information about Tor dev meetings and hackathons, past and future.
- Tor in the Media.
- Official documentation: will move soon to the new developer portal when is ready.
- The Tor Relay Guide: to help run the Tor network.
- Tor Browser User Manual: learning on how to use the Tor Browser.
- Official Tor package archive: contains archived software releases, monthly reports, old metrics, etc.
- Official Tor media archive: contains all images, videos, and misc files.
- Check: is a service to check if you are currently using Tor
- Metrics website: metrics and graphs based on Tor network data.
- Onion addresses: list of onion services run by the Tor Project.
- How project management is working at Tor. <-- WIP - working on this in my spare time. It needs to be updated. -->
- List of active products we are maintaining.
- List of sponsored projects that we are working on in 2021.
- List of projects already done.
- Internships we are running:
- Anti-censorship team meets every Thursday in irc and is working on this roadmap.
- Applications team (Tor Browser) meets every Monday in irc.oftc.net and is working on this roadmap.
- Communications & Operations team.
- Community team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- Fundraising team meets weekly privately and gives an update once a month in the All Hands meeting.
- Network team meets weekly and is working on this roadmap.
- Network Health team meets weekly and is working on this roadmap and metric's roadmap. We are merging metrics into network health and will be a process that will happen through 2022.
- Sysadmin team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- UX team meets monthly and is working on this roadmap.
- Web team meets ocassionaly and cares about this roadmap during sysadmin team's meetings.
The Community Council is an elected body of Tor Core Contributors who are available to help resolve intra-community disputes.
All Hands Meetings
We run weekly internal meetings with this schedule:
- Every two months we have a financial update.
- Every three months we run a demo day.
- Quarterly we revisit priorities.
- Quarterly we do a retrospective.
We have Tor DEMO days every three months. Here you can read notes on past DEMOs.
Archived the homepage of the wiki page in Trac: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor