Sponsor 30 - Objective 2.3
Objective O2: Ensure users in target countries have access to the best Tor bridge options for circumventing censorship.
O2.3 - Develop new and/or improve existing bridge selection and distribution strategies.
- A1 - Develop new and/or improve existing bridge selection and distribution strategies based on data collected about successful, effective methods per evaluation during O1.1.
- A2 - Develop methods to present bridges to users based on their location, potentially incorporating relevant censorship data published by OONI.
- A3 - Improve ability for bridgedb/authority to test bridges that only expose a pluggable transport.
- A4 - Update bridgeDB/gettor to give region-specific recommendations for PT and bridges.
- rdsys · Implement persistence mechanism for resources
- rdsys · Reimplement and generalise BridgeDB?
- rdsys · Implement the Salmon bridge distribution mechanism
- wolpertinger · Make wolpertinger fetch OONI's test results from raw data cans
- trac · Automatically test the PTs of bridges
- trac · Look into getting default Tor bridges scanned by external reachability tests
- BridgeDB · Implement a feedback loop between BridgeDB and OONI
- BridgeDB · O2.3 - Develop new and/or improve existing bridge selection and distribution strategies.
- Outreach · Publish a snapshot of what PTs are needed for successful Tor use in each country
- rdsys · Build API that lets resources register themselves
- trac · Get default bridges checked for reachability by OONI
- obfs4 · Reachability tests for new obfs4 bridges
- BridgeDB · Make BridgeDB take into account its BlockedBridges table
- BridgeDB · Reimplement and generalise BridgeDB?
- BridgeDB · Implement the Salmon bridge distribution mechanism